Have had ear pressure, headaches and tightness of face. What is underlying cause?

Neurologist, Surgical
Ive had pressure deep in my ear and headches and tightness of the face for a number of weeks now. Also aches in my teeth, eyes and my neck at times.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most likely tension headaches Detailed Answer: Dear sir, My best wishes for your speedy recovery. I have gone through your medical history in detail. According to me, you seem to be suffering from what appears to be tension headaches. The associated complaints may be part of this headache. May I suggest you to take some analgesic + muscle relaxant combination for about 2 weeks. If headaches do not resolve or occurs on very frequent basic, you can order for 1. Non contrast CT BRAIN to rule out organic lesions . 2. X RAY CERVICAL SPINE to rule out cervical spondylosis as a cause of your headache/neck pain . 3. Check with your dentist /ophthalmologist to rule out co-existing dental and eye problems 4. Try some anxiolytics after the first three tests. It is important that you remain relaxed and stress free. Hope this answers your query Regards Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX Director Deptt. of neurosurgery
Follow-up: Have had ear pressure, headaches and tightness of face. What is underlying cause? 23 hours later
Thank you for your answer. I should also have mentioned I feel tired all the time and am being monitored for possible high blood pressure. The pressure in my ear worries me as my brother had an ear tumour a few years back. Does this change your diagnosis ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, I would still stand by tension headache... Detailed Answer: Dear sir I would stand by tension headache as the first possible reason for your symptoms. You can get your non contrast CT of head or MRI brain scan which will rule out ear tumour also. Therefore do not be concerned. Since blood pressure changes play a role, maintain blood pressure dairy where you record blood pressure daily and at times of ache. Thanks Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX