Have had drooling like sensation in mouth. What could it be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I have had a drooling like sensation on the right side of my mouth - but nothing there just feels like it. No other symptoms that i can report...
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

As of now, it does not represent any serious neurological disease. However, please watch for any facial asymmetry, deviation of angle of mouth to one side, inability to frown on one side, or blow your cheeks, which could mean a facial palsy.
If the above symptoms do not appear, then, there is no need to worry. If you notice any of them, please consult a neurologist for evaluation.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,