Have had double vision attacks. Can you tell me what is happening?

I have been working in a low light environment on a computer and have had double vision attacks. Really scary.
I have added lights, moved my computer screen around, etc. and it still happens.

The thing is, is that is happens after I leave work also. It just happened this morning while getting ready for work.
I am in this location temporarily. I've never had this happen before. My husband thinks it's anxiety.

It is scaring the heck out of me. Can you tell me what is happening? It didn't happen when I was in a better lit area.
can this be computer vision symdrom?

I Just had my eyes examined and they are fine. My anual physical was also ok.

HELP ??? I'm a wreck.
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
Double Vision also called diplopia is a symptom which should be always taken seriously. there are no. of causes resulting in diplopia however the pathology lies in damage to the cranial nerves or extraoccular muscles. These causes can be minor or may be major.
Your eye examination is normal which shows you haven't developed significant complication to affect your nerves. i will recommend you to give some rest to your eyes, change the place of your work to some proper lightening place. keep eye patch on alternate eyes for correction. rest and observe and if you still have the problem then consultation from ophthalmologist is strongly recommended.

feel free to ask if you have any further queries

Follow-up: Have had double vision attacks. Can you tell me what is happening? 15 minutes later

Just one more question please. I am extremely nearsigted and also have astigmatism. Would that contribute to my problem using a computer in low light?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I really appreciate it

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

Nearsighted known as Myopia and Astigmatism both are error of refraction and none of them contribute to cause diplopia. In your case its most probable the persistent stress on your extraoccular muscles that have caused diplopia.