Have had diarrhea and smelly burps. Getting severe pain in upper stomach. Looking for relief

hi, i have had diarreha and smelly burps for 5 days and now i am gettin cronic upper stomach pain very severe. please help.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Your 5 day history of loose stools and bad breathed belching does indicate a grave need for an urgent evaluation of your abdomen medically - an ultrasound may be necessary to ascertain the cause along with other blood tests and stool examination. The most likely cause can only be underlined at the end of a clinical evaluation. Obstruction in the upper small intestine, spasmic contractions, strictures, infections are among the list that may sometimes lead to these symptoms.

I certainly can imagine you are in severe pain already - but I assume this also has started since 5 days only, and not chronic as that would mean a lot longer in medical terms. Also assuming that you have certainly not mentioned any related medical history in the past - an acute condition is as important.

Do not worry - get examined quickly, as they will help you ease the pain while the cause is found out and appropriate line of therapy initiated.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.