Have had cold. Feeling stiffness and pain in calf muscle, difficulty to walk. Any treatment?

Had a bad cold 6 weeks ago. Those symptoms have resolved but most mornings when I wake up, my calfs and hamstrings are stiff and ache as though I had a really hard work out the day before. It makes it difficult to walk but the more I walk the less discomfort I have. No problems with other muscle groups. Legs do fatigue easily as do generally. Appetite is fine.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
The cold is most commonly caused by virus most commonly.
The problem you are currently facing is the post viral syndrome.
While you are sick of viral infections your body is depleted of nutrients, your appetite is suppressed due due general poor well being.
In fact the requirement for essential nutrients, balanced diets and hydration is more during that period and should be observed now as well.
This syndrome responds well to paracetamol and vitamin supplements which should be taken for two weeks regularly.
OTC paracetamol+tramadol(Ultracet) thrice a day and multivitamin combination like Supradyn once a day.
If the problem persists then revert back to me or get examined by a local physician and follow advise.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.