Have had chest and stomach pain and feeling bloated. Any ideas?

Hey I had had chest and stomach pains for 4 days which I get sometime from acid reflux but this time the pain has been moving around and not staying in one spot. I also be bloated and can't used the restroom like I usually do any ideas
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 32 minutes later
It is likely that is the same acid reflux problem (dyspepsia) that you are suffering from. It is showing up as the pain in chest as well as in abdomen. However the associated bowel complaints are likely to be a new development. As many dyspepsia patients also have bowel complaints associated along with bloating.
You can take an proton pump inhibitor (acidity medication) along with a mild antispasmodic and a trial of isapgula husk for few days and see how you a doing.

Remember to consult a physician if
1) Stool has blood
2) Pain is severe
3) If you have fever associated
4) Unusually severe symptoms

Eating on time, eating healthy food, exercise help you in long term.
Hope this answers your query.
Please do reply in case of any further questions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Have had chest and stomach pain and feeling bloated. Any ideas? 25 minutes later
Thank you so much Dr. I wanted to make sure that the abs pain were not ball because I heard about the apprendix and wanted to be sure about that because I have abs pain just don't in only my right one if that make since. Also I didn't kno that my acid reflux could act up so bad and for a few days lol
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later
Welcome back,

Appendix pain is very severe and usually accompanied with vomiting and fever. Therefore it is very unlikely that you have it. However if the pain has been severe, then do consult a doctor to rule out appendicitis for sure.

Wish you a speedy recovery...

Follow-up: Have had chest and stomach pain and feeling bloated. Any ideas? 2 hours later
Ok 1 last ? Dr. Lol I'm sorry does the appendicitis usually be on one side because it has been painful but not just on the right side and also where can I get the med that you requested for the acid reflux
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 11 hours later
Thank you for the query,

Yes, usually appendix is on right side. Therefore it won't cause pain on left side.

Prilosec OTC which contains 20mg of omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor is available over the counter at any nearby chemist stores. And so is Isapgula husk. You will need to check about the availability of antispasmodics as over the counter. In case it is not over the counter you can get this prescribed from healthcare provider.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.