Have had blood test done. Taking medicine for high BP. What does result indicate?

Hi I am a 68 year old woman. I recently did my annual blood test & got my results. Please help me interpret these values (TSH, TPO, ATG) which seem to be very much on the higher side: TSH, serum by CMIA: 7.84 (Normal: 0.45 - 4.5 IU/mL) T3 (Total) by CMIA: 116.08 (Normal: 70 - 204 ng/dL) T4 (Total) by CMIA: 6.08 (Normal: 4.87 - 11.72 ug/dL) Microsomal (TPO) Antibody Titre by CMIA: 731.98 (Normal: Upto 5.61 IU/mL) Thyroglobulin Antibody (ATG), by CMIA: Above 1000 (Upto 4.11 IU/mL) I have been having medicines for High BP (last 10 months). Other than that no visible problems. Do please help. Thank You.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hashimoto thyroiditis or graves disease Detailed Answer: Dear madam Welcome to healthcare magic I reviewed your quiery, according to laboratory values, its been noted that you have raised TSH, anti thyroid antibodies with normal T3 and T4 levels.. It indicates the early onset of hashimoto thyroiditis in most most the times.. in early stages it is characterised by slightly raised TSH and normal T3 and T4 it is looking like it is in early stage.. Usually it is associated with symptoms like cold intolerance, fatigue, breathlessness.. Consult your doctor and confirm the diagnosis.. Thyroid hormone supplementation is the only treatment option available.. the disease is not curable but early supplementation of hormones will control the pace of disease.. Hope information is helpful Thanks