Have had blood test all parameters are high. Suggest diet, medicine and exercise?

Dear sir,
I amXXXXX from tamil Nadu. I need diet plan, medication and exercise. please kindly guide me.
Blood glucose [252], total cholesterol 276mg/dl, total Triglycerides 235mg/dl, HDL cholesterol 30 mg/dl, LDL 199 mg/dl, VLDL cholesterol 47 mg/dl, total cholesterol / HDL ratio 9.2
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
YOu require medication now

Detailed Answer:
Hi Manikkannan,

I have read through the medical history,

The lipid panel is deranged. The parameters are above the normal range. HDL should be more than 40mg/dl. LDL and VLDL put together should be less than 125mg/dl. Total Cholesterol and HDL ratio indicates an immediate start for therapy with statin group of drugs. Triglycerides indicate that you have high fatty meal too.

Here I would like to tell you that with such a report I would start my patients with low dose atorvastatin and redo the lipid profile after 3 months to check the affect. It is important to check the liver function before starting atorvastatin and follow up is very crucial as they have side affects.

Since I would not be able to follow up with you and we do not have a primary face to face encounter I would not be able to justify a therapy.

I would like to know if the blood sugar that you showed up here is fasting or randomly drawn.

I am not trained in planning diet. I suggest you to use the other free service called 'Ask A Dietitian' from your dashboard. The dietitian can send you diet plan plus the exercise regimen.

Hope this is clear.