Have had blood in urine, liver enzymes high, drinks often. Survived colon and larynx cancer. What is it?

I am 2 time cancer survivor. colon, 14 yars ago and larynx, 4 years ago. have XXXXXXX taking hydrocodone w acetamenaphin for extended period. Have had blood in urine for 6 days. went to er yesterday and was told liver enzymes dangerously high. AST- 456 ALT-652. was heavy drinker for years. mild to moderate now. 54 year old male
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 48 minutes later

AST and ALT are sensitive markers of liver cell injury. Moderately raised value like in the range of 500 or 600 U/L is a warning to stop any liver toxic drug like alcohol or acetaminophen at least for the period till the level of these enzymes come to normal. Consult your doctor regarding the same.

Blood in urine may have several causes ranging from simple prostate or bladder cancers. It may also happen in liver diseases or low platelet count. Hereby I advice you to go for coagulation profile, Platelet count, Urine routine microscopy and ultrasonography of abdomen to arrive at a diagnosis. You may need to consult a urologist if these reports don't give any obvious cause of bleeding.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Best wishes.