Have had accident and damage the lower ribs. Still in pain, vomiting, loss of appetite and loosing weight

my husband had a work accident where the doctors feel he may have hit the steering wheel of his dump truck and damaged the lower ribs on the left side.this happened three months ago and my husband is still in pain.vomiting tonight again.not eating.losing weight.they have done xrays and ct but cant find it.please help us.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 12 hours later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I thinks he require endoscopic examination for upper gastrointestinal tract to see for any pathology in oesophagus, stomach or duodenum.

As CT abdomen and x-ray were normal 3 months ago. Even then I will request you for one more investigation that is x-ray abdomen in standing position to see for any intestinal obstruction. And if it is normal then endoscopy to see for any Meanwhile take a proton pump inhibitor along with a prokinetic agent like itopride. and antiemetic agent like ondansetron to improve his symptoms

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon