Have had a twitching feeling on side of belly button. Any cure?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have had a twitching feeling on the right side if my belly button off and on for 24 hours
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

You should give more detailed information about your smyptom. You shouldnt be concerned. Is there any pain or only twtching, do you feel sensation loss or see anything on the skin above it or you can feel some lump under the skin?
Most common it is caused by abdominal muscle pulling. Also any subcutaneous lesion can manifest like that. If cause cant be found n abdominal wall then some intraabdominal pathology should be considered but I I suggest to wait is it going to persist or will some other symptom appear such as pain, fever or abdominal pain.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"