Have had a sinus infection and bronchitics. Noticed a purple spot under lips. Taking z-pack. Are they related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Two days ago I noticed a purple spot under my lips on the left side. Every day it grows noticeably. It is flat, and does not hurt. I have had a sinus infection and bronchitics and I'm still taking one more pill in my Z-pack. Could it be related to my sickness?
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The purple spot under your lip is not likely to be related to your sickness or the z- pack that you are taking.
The purple spot is likely to be a mole or due to a mild hemorrhagic bleeding in the area. You need to self monitor this lesion for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear it means it needs to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.