Have had a rash on my scrotum and it is dry. Used hydrocortisone cream. STD?

I have had a rash on my scrotum... There are small patches, looking like dry skin. I have had a negative STI check and visited a doctor twice... one doctor said it was not fungal and prescribed something that didn't remedy the problem. Recently I have used a hydrocortisone cream and that has alleviated itching but the problem is still present and visible.
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking.
When the rash does not heal with an ointment, you should continue a little more its taking. Sometimes they need taking oral medication, but most of the time it is healed by an ointment.
Hydrocortisone heals the itching for every lesion, but it cannot heal the fungal lesion.
It is good that you are sure about the diagnosis, since the doctor has observed it.
You can help for better improvement by day to day bathing and taking a shower until it heals.
It is really helpful to exchange your underwear every day as well.
Please let me know if you have any immune deficiency since they may affect this issue and may retard the response to the medication.
I wish it heals fast.