Have had a pea sized bony bump on the middle of forehead. What it could be?

Critical Care Specialist
Ive had a pea sized boney bump on the middle of my forehead for around 5 yr it's under the skin and feels stuck to my skull any ideas of what it could be
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

Thanks for your question.

From what I understand you are having a bony swelling (bump) on the middle of your fore head under skin attached to your skull from last 5 years.

Most probably it could be a bony exostosis from frontal bone (skull bone). Exostosis can be confirmed by X-ray skull.

It is a benign swelling and it will not affect you. You need not be concerned.

Hope I answered your question. If you have any other query, do posts follow up.
I will be readily available to answer.