Have had a TURP done. Having pain and burning sensation in penis. What is the dose of imipenam?

dare Sir,I have had a TURP done12 days ago.I was discharged 8 days ago.Eversince coming back from the hospital I have been having terrible burning feeling in the urethan coupling of pain I was given Amikacin injection which did not give relief.Subsequently I did urine culture which showed>0000 colonies/ml significant bacteriuria and isolation1 enterbacter cloacae*0000 1 CHB it was resistant all antibiotics except PENEM IMPIPENEM.KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHAT IS THE DOSSAGE and how long.The pain is killing
I do not have fever.I am always XXXXXXX pain and burning sensation in pennies.How long will take to control this infection and what dosage
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
Hi sir,

Welcome to XXXXXXX Sorry to hear about your suffering.
The dose of imipenam/cilastatin is 1-2 g daily in divided doses every 6-8 hr, given via IV infusion. Doses 250 or 500 mg are infused over 20-30 min, and doses of 750 mg or 1 g over 40-60 min. Max: 4 g/day or 50 mg/kg body weight.
Duration is 3 to 7 days.

In addition
1. Urinary analgesics like PYRIDIUM,
2. Urinary anti-spasmodics like FLAVOXATE,
3. Plenty of oral fluids,
4. Avoiding spicy diet
should help.

After 3 days of injection, it is better to recheck urine culture for response---

Get well soon.