Ask a Urologist   »  

Have had TURP. Having non stop burning sensation in uretha. What is the problem?

General Surgeon
sir I have had TURP 9 days ago.Suddenly I am having non stop burning sensation in my uretha
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

What you are suffering from is urinary tract infection. It is quite common after TURP. With this condition you may also suffer from frequent urinating, fever. It is advisable for you to have urine tests and bacteria microbiological culture collection to check which bacteria is causing your problem and what antibiotic is necessary.. To treat this condition you should be prescribed with antibiotics. Increased water consumption is also necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.