Have had Phenyl liquid. What precautions to take?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello.. i have one query.. one of my frnd had finail what precaution we take initially?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
1. A small amount of Phenyl liquid is not XXXXXXX but it can irritate the delicate lining (mucosa) of the airway, lungs, food pipe and stomach. If your friend has consumed more than 20ml of phenyl then immediate medical attention is needed.

2. The irritation or allergy due to Phenyl may lead to XXXXXXX swelling after a few hours, hence I recommend that you consult a doctor immediately, especially if your friend has cough or difficulty in breathing, in which case he may be admitted for observation.

3. You can give him a few tablespoons of Liquid Paraffin IP (medical grade) if available to dilute the traces of phenyl and to soothe the XXXXXXX linings.

4. I will again stress that if the quantity was under 20 ml, there should be no major cause for worry.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.