Have had Blood test done. What does report indicate?

Hi..just now I have checked the Blood of My Mother. Test which is carried is : HBA, Hemogram-6 Part (Diff), ABG which has remark as- "Alert!! RBCs: Moderate anisocytosis mild poikilocytosis. Predominantly microcytic hypochromic cells with ovalocytes and elliptocytes. I have alsos attached various test reports for perusal What does this mean? and what is remedy for that? What care we should take hence forth?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: reports suggest iron-deficiency anemia + ?diabetes Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have gone through your mother’s investigation reports thoroughly. The reports indicate the following :- # Your mother has moderately severe degree of anemia, due to iron deficiency. # HbA1c report is on the higher side, suggestive of either Latent (undiagnosed) or an early diabetes. I would therefore recommend the following course of action :- • If she does not have significant symptoms (such as, easy fatigability; breathlessness, heaviness in chest or left sided chest pain on exertion; kidney problems, her blood levels will come up to desirable range within 6-8 months with continuous oral supplementation of iron, Folic acid 5mg and Vitamin B12 (1500mcg). • If she has the above-mentioned problems, then the best option would be to give her injectable iron • Since worms in the intestine are one of the commonest causes of anemia in India, please give her monthly deworming course (Albendazole 400mg once a day for 3 days every month). • Please get her blood sugar (Fasting and 2 hours after breakfast) to rule out/confirm early diabetes. If the report is within normal limits; get Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) with 75gm of glucose. There is nothing to worry. Your mother will show improvement over next 6 months. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agrees with my opinion and clinical acumen; and, prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and that you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Have had Blood test done. What does report indicate? 23 hours later
Thanks a lot doctor... Pls suggest oral supplement iron tablets..
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: One capsule of Fefol daily will suffice Detailed Answer: Nice hearing back from you, Mr. XXXXXXX The Policy of this website strictly prohibits naming any Branded products. However, you can give her Cap Fefol one capsule daily AFTER BREAKFAST. I will he happy to address to further queries, if any. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal