Have had 7 abortions due to sexual abuse. Trying to conceive. Had HCG, left tube spasmed. Had IUI and start IVF

Mar 2013
Due to sexual abuse i have had 7 abortions before i turned 16 years old and violence to my vaginal area leaving no obvious physical damage. When i was 24 i miscarried 3 mos along.... i havent gottten pregnant since but have had unprotected sex. Currently i am ttc for the past 3 years. I have had a HCG and found that my right tube is spasmed. My levels are good.... i have undergone 2 iui and will start my first ivf.....LH 8.6 progestron 0.5 estrogen 49.... Has my abusive history and abortions caused the problems I am having today with reproduction?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
THe abusive history would cause psychological issues.
However, repeated abortions, that too , at the quite young age of 16 and under, could definitely impact your fertility.
Repeated abortions can cause the following effects :
1. Endometrial damage ( damage to the lining of the uterus )
2. tubal block ( as has been diagnosed in your right tube )
3. Hormonal disturbances due to repeated pregnancy losses.
4. Adhesions and damage to the tubes and ovaries.

Your hormonal levels are fine.
There is no reason as such why IVF should not help you, unless there is evidence of damage to the uterine lining.

Take care, feel free to discuss further.
All the best.