Have growth under stomach, inflamed, itchy. Used Neosporin, cortizone cream. Anything else?

I have some growths under my stomach that I was to believe were skin tags.. They seem to become inflamed and itchy. I have used neosporin and cortizone cream. Do I need to use something else? I have been taking 2 showers a day and I treat the area. I thought it might have something to with the heat outside because I have never had this problem

Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing to Health care magic.

Growths under stomach can be due to skin tags.

Skin tags are just outward growth of extra skin.

Tags are more common in obese and diabetics.

At times they can be associated with a condition known as acanthosis nigricans where skin in flexures(thighs,neck,etc) becomes dark and pigmented.

Common cause for skin tags is constant friction.

Frequent sweating can also irritate the skin and cause tags.

Peduncle of tags sometimes become twisted leading to infection and strangulation of tag.

Continue with neosporin and cortisone cream.

Use loose cotton clothes.

Control your weight and diabetes.

Apply antisweat powder daily after bath.This will give you soothing effect.

However at times skin tags may become extra large and cause problems.In that case they need to be removed.You need to consult dermatologist for this.

I hope this will help you.In case you have any concerns I will be happy to help you.