Have granulation tissue. Doing physical therapy. Is it okay?

Hi! I have granulation tissue throughout the surgical bed following successful surgery for herniated disc with focal protrusion. I overdid physical therapy and think I stirred up this granulation tissue. What is a good course of action? Will it heal and calm down if I'm patient? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Conservative therapy

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

If there is no evidence of infection, such as redness, purulence, puss, increased pain or bad odor, then conservative measures such as keeping the area clean, wet to dry dressings as directed by your surgeons or nurses will likely allow for gradual healing of the wound by second intention.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Follow-up: Have granulation tissue. Doing physical therapy. Is it okay? 12 minutes later
Hi, to clarify I am having pain and numbness in the hip and down the leg. It is not around where the incision was made. I am guessing that I irritated the root of the nerve. Could there be granulation tissue around the nerve itself? Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Perhaps nerve irritation

Detailed Answer:
It may be nerve irritation after inadequate rest (too much activity too soon); unless there has been a structural disruption of the area, which I doubt since you would have major neurologic deficits, it should get better with rest and graded physical therapy

Best regards