Have grade 1 prostrate and fatty liver. USG showed stone and cyst in kidney. Worrisome

USG done one month back showed 6mm stone in right kidney. I got done another USG today showed 3mm stone in right kidney and few cysts in right kidney , 18mm being the largest, and, one small cyst in mid pole region measuring 7mm. Right kidney measures 98x45, left kidney 98x40. Both are normal echo pattern,pelvicalyceal system normal, cortico medullary differentiation well maintained. Cysts were not found in the previous USG.
I have grade 1 prostrate and fatty liver grade 1 condition. Urinary bladder well distended. Wall thickened, cystitis? My question is:
Why the cysts were formed in one months time?
Are they because the ayurvedic cystone drug I am taking?
Do I need further investigations? If so, what r they?
My BP is well under control with one a loppers tab and sugar normal with one cetaphin 500 mg. my age is 70 y and walk 5 km a day.
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 4 hours later
Few simple cysts in the kidney are normal with age. It is unlikely that the cysts developed in a month's time, but more likely to have developed over many months or years.

None of the meds are responsible for them. You can continue with customs.

If the cysts are described as simple cysts, then no further testing is needed. Otherwise a CT of the kidneys will be needed.

3mm stone doesn't need any treatment.

Keep your BP under under heck, plenty of fluids to make about 2.5 to 3 lit of Urine per day, is all that is needed.

Follow-up: Have grade 1 prostrate and fatty liver. USG showed stone and cyst in kidney. Worrisome 12 hours later
Thanks for ur kind advice.
I did not mention in the previous question about kft. The levels r Normal. Serum creatinine is 0.71, BUN is 20, Uric acid serum is 3.8.

Kindly advice me about at what time intervals I shoul repeat USG and KFT?

I have always been drinking lots of water, more than 3 litres.

Thanks once again

Your renal functions although normal, should be monitored along wuth an ultrasound once a year.
This would help pick up any changes in I advance.