Have got dark circles under eyes. Diagnosed with slight anaemia. Suggest some good vitamin?

Jul 2012

recently I have got dark circles under eyes and when I was taking blood test I was diagnosed with a slight anemia. i realize it might be deficiency in vitamin B12.. what is a good vitamin ?
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 40 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXX.
Dark circles under the eyes have various causes but yes, altered blood supply or decreased oxygenation of tissues in the area is a prime cause.
If the blood test has revealed deficiency in B12, then you need to first asess why this has happened..dietary cause or metabolic or an uptake problem on account of any intestinal issues etc & treat accordingly.
Stress plays a major role both in bowel habbits & in dark circles under the eyes.
A good vitamin would be one that contains B12 in sufficient absorbable quantities & concomittant other trace element like zinc, magnesium etc. The names vary in different parts of the world & your pharmacist will be the best person to suggest a name. Go in for an 'antoxidant'.
The Best bet for purely B12 if you are particular would have to be a 'sublingual' (under the tongue) dissolvable 1000mcg B12 preparation (eg. Jamieson brand)
Personally, i am in favour of a procedure called 'carboxytherapy' in addition to relaxation therapies & good sound sleep!
Cheers & hope this brief was useful & informative. Do please take time to give us your feedback, close the query & give us a rating. Cheers!
Follow-up: Have got dark circles under eyes. Diagnosed with slight anaemia. Suggest some good vitamin? 18 days later
Thank you very useful info!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 35 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXX,
Am a dermatologist & cosmetologist & do perform cosmetic surgeries & had answered this query awhile ago. I had suggested the name of the vit B12 & foods et al & recommended going in for carboxytherapy with a cosmetic surgeon nearest you. In addition, possibly you can use a product called Cernor XO that comes in a roll-on stick form & available internationally.
If this answers your queries, please do close the query & give us a review as else, it shows up as a follow-up question on the portal. Cheers & wish you a radiant countenance!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD