Have gerd and acid reflux. Does gaviscon have antihistomines?

Does Gaviscon have antihistomines?
I have gerd & acid reflux and take rannididine at night as well as an alergy pill - I am having extensive alergy testing Mon & Tuesday and cant take any antihistomines till it is done - my gerd is raging - can I take Gaviscon - it has aluminum hydroxide and magnesium carbonate - are either of these antihistomines?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

No, Gaviscon does not have any antihistaminic component in it.

The alluminium hydroxide and the Magnesium chloride it contains are antacids and do not have any inherent property of antihistaminics.

Need not worry, you take Gaviscon for the GERD you have .This will not interfere with the allergy testing you will go for.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.