Have genital herpes since long, pathology report of WCC, WBC, lymphocyte, Eosinophil. How to get normal range?

I have a genital herpes for past 10 years.??
age 37 years male
I have a recent pathology report.
WCC 14.9* X10-9/L (3.7-9.5...Reference)
White blood cell differential
Neutrophyil within reference range
Lymphocyte 31% 4.7* x 10-9/L (1.0-4.0) (out of range)
Monocyte 19.5% 2.9* x 10-9/L (0.2-1.0) (out of range)
Eosinophil with reference range
Pathology report comment: Leucocytosis with lymphocytosis and monocytosis. red cells and platelets appear normal.

I want to be fit for next pathology report.

what should i do to get the above in normal range and how long should i take before next blood test.

Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 hours later

First of all the reference ranges mentioned by you are wrong. (probably a typo).

Secondly, as doctors we do not treat a Lab Report. We treat a disease.

An out of range lab value without any symptoms or signs has no value.

Anyways, coming onto the present report,there is some increase in WBCs and a very marginal increase in lymphocytes, which denotes a viral infection. This may happen as a result of active genital herpes or more commonly- due to flu.

Monocytosis is worrisome. 19.5% is high. I would like you to get it repeated (just to rule out false reporting by the lab). In case it is high again..we will have to do further tests. If they are normal, we will stop there.

Now my question is, why do you want to be fit for the next report. Are you applying for a job which demands a medical report or are you willing for a report that shows you are free of herpes.

In case of the first scenario (which is more likely), we will go forward as I have already suggested.

In case of second, there is no way we can do it.

Awaiting your response.

I will be available for any further queries.