Have genetic problem with teeth and height. Chances of newborn getting affected?

Hi Dr.
I had recently delivered a baby on 1 Nov 12. Now she is 4 months old.
I had a genetic problem in my teeth & height. My teeth are very weak. They are dark brown in colour & broke very easily9layers of my teeth chipped off on eating hard food) if having some hard food like sugarcane/grams etc. Had done crowning on my teeth in yr 2006. Though my real teeth are hidden under the crown but I am afraid if my daughter can have this genetic problem from my side. My height is also very short. it is 4.7 feet, but my husband is tall, he is 5.9 feet. I am also afraid of my baby's growth if she could not take my height. When she was born, her height was 49 cm & wt. was 3.4 kg.
Dr. had given me the delivery date of 2 nov 12, & I had delivered my child on 1 Nov 12. Had completed the full pregnancy cycle.
Dr plz help me, I dont want my genetic problem transfers to my daughter as I had received the genetic problem from my father as he is 5 feet tall & have same brown teeth.

Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.
The genetic problem needs to be diagnosed first.All genetic problems are not trnsmitted similarly.So wait till the symptoms begin.
The baby has been born so if she has the genetic problem there cannot be much that can be done.
According to your figures the weight and the height of the baby is normal.She seems to be in perfect condition.
The height of your daughter should surpass 5 feet according to calculations.
Please so not worry.Take good care of the baby and breast feed her till 6 months of age.
Consult a dentist if the problem arises.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Have genetic problem with teeth and height. Chances of newborn getting affected? 9 minutes later
But Sir, we have a family history. My father has acquired short height & weak teeth from his father. My father are 8 brother & sisters, out of which two sisters are same like my height & teeth, Their children have also acquired the same problem, that is the reason I am so worried & afraid. I dont want my child to face the same issue. plz advice a wayout so that this problem of teeth & height should not possess by my daughter.
As per the local pediatric advice I am giving my daughter calcium syrup since one month.
Dr plz help me out. I want to stop any possibility of this problem from the beginning itself. As my father also contacted lots of Dr's for my height & teeth during my childhood but nothing could be done in this regard once my teeth evolved.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
I really understand your concern.
Please consider my points.
You may have a familial problem.Do you have the diagnosis of the disease?
If you have the diagnosis do you know the mode of genetic transmission of the disease?
Genetic problems cannot be cured.
The only thing we can do is to prevent it my genetic testing of the parents for the disease and the fetus.
A baby once born cannot change his genes!! neither there is any gene therapy till date.
Consult a good geneticist for further advice.
Calcium will not help much.
There is no medication for increasing height except growth hormone which is reserved for special situations.
Thank you