Ask a Urologist   »  

Have general malaise with sensitive and discolored penis tip. What is the cause?

if my penis is sensitive to touch, and a bit discolored at the tip, and I have general malaise, what might be the cause, Dr?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

A discolouration and hypersensitivity at the tip of the penis could be due to a few possibilities:
- A recent infection which is resolving. This could have resulted in scarring and hypersensitivity.
- An allergic reaction.
- Vitamin deficiency, e.g. B12 deficiency.
- Certain systemic diseases like diabetes can also result in such kind of symptoms.

The general malaise may be due to different causes like vitamin deficiencies, diabetes, thyroid disorders, etc.

I would advise you to have a complete physical examination and a few tests like a urine test, certain basic blood tests. etc. so that the cause for your symptoms can be correctly identified. Further treatment will depend on the likely cause.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist