Have gastroparastesis. Prominent pancreatic duct and frequent nausea. Pain and filling sensation. Is it serious?

I have gastroparastesis and I found in my medical records from 2009 that I had a mild prominence of the pancreatic duct but no follow up was done. The report suggest that the follow up should be correlation with amylase and lipase is needed. My current symptoms ate terrible. Always nausea, mostly can only drink smoothies And staying away from dairy products. Lost lots of weight fast. Diabetes sometimes all over the place. Pain and filling sensation in my left side. Don't understand the pancreatic duct issue and could this be serious?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, could be pancreatic problem

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms you have could be due to pancreatic defect. Do proceed for follow getting investigated for pancreatic diseases.

A CT scan and estimation of Serum lipase and Amylase would be necessary to determine the exact cause for the problems you have.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Have gastroparastesis. Prominent pancreatic duct and frequent nausea. Pain and filling sensation. Is it serious? 31 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. Having a ct scan tomorrow of the abdomen. I have a hard time trying to explain things to my primary care Dr. She acts like this isn't a bad problem. I am having lots of problems.Fast heartbeat is a relatively new symptom. I'm worried that this pancreas follow up not completed might be bad. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes for sure

Detailed Answer:

Yes, not having the pancreas checked up may end up in serious trouble.

Its safe to be investigated when you have relevant symptoms.