Have gallbladder removed, having eating disorder. Does it cause weight gain?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hello-I am a 43 ear old woman. I have to have my gallbladder removed in a few weeks, Does removing your gallbladder make you gain weight, I have had an eating disorder most of my life. And the thought of this is really upsetting me.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Frankly speaking no

If you take care of diet and keep away from fatty and fried items in your meals, you are not going to put on weight

As mentioned in your history you have anorexia but it is secondary to a psychosomatic disorder

I would suggest you manage your stree levels and everything should be OK

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries