Have fungal infection around mouth. Is this normal?

Question
What about nonvaginal yeast infections. I have one for the first timearound my mouth. Is this common.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 40 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The diagnosis fungal infection around mouth should be made by a doctor because at times herpes also occur at same place and looks like fungal infection.
If you are sure you have a ringworm then you can start topical application of antifungal cream Candid twice a day.
The problem should subside in two weeks.
I hope my advise will be informative and helpful for you.
Take care!

Follow-up: Have fungal infection around mouth. Is this normal? 50 minutes later
I have the diagnosis from my dentist who is doing some dental work. My question really has to do with how common it is and whether it originates from a vaginal fungus or from some other source.This is still my firsst question. I wasn't asking about diagnosis or treatment.

Thank you. I hope the clarification helps.
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
The fungal infection on the lips or face is a sporadic occurrence and in not linked to vaginal infection with fungus as such.
Take care!