Have frontotemporal atrophy, neurodegenerative disorder and balance problem. Any solution?

i have frontotemporal atrophy , neuro degeneration disorder. and due to that i have body balance advice me sur expert advice.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Alzheimer's
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 27 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your reports as well. You suffer from frontotemporal dementia which is most common after alzheimer's and vascular dementia. It can be associated with body postural imbalance as you mentioned. The treatment includes use of medication like donepezil that increases the level of acetyl choline, a brain chemical depleted in dementia. It also involves behavioural exercises to slow down the degeneration. You would require a thorough neuropsychological assessment before deciding on course of management. Hope you gained some clarity. Do clarify further if required.
Dr Sundar