Have friction burn on the head of penis after masturbating, circumcised. What can I apply to heal it?

Question
I seem to have a friction burn on the head of my penis after masturbating. I am circumcised. What can I apply to heal it?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Friction burns can occur after masturbation.

To help it heal you would need to refrain from sexually activity including masturbation for 1 to 2 weeks , apply dilute salt water 2 to 3 times a day( the salt would help with healing), bathe the area with a mild antiseptic soap and keep it clean to reduce the chance of infection.

The use of an oral the counter antibiotic cream may also be helpful to speed up the rate of healing. This would include medication such as neosporin, bnt or fucidin, baclofen.

To prevent recurrence you might want to consider the use of a lubricant, water based are most common but they would not last as long as silicon based lubricant

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions