Ask a Urologist   »  

Have friction burn on penis, taken hyderm and clotriderm. How long will it last?

I have had a friction burn on my penis head for about a week, i went to the doctor a few days ago and she gave me hyderm clotriderm mix but its hasnt helped , i was wondering how long will the cream start to work, and should i stop using vitamine e for lubricant, is it bad to mix ? how long will the friction burn last? it has not gotten better or worse just brighter red sometimes and other times not as bad, i have had std tests done recently so im not worried it is that.
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 38 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The wound usually get reddish called healthy granulation tissue before finally healing. May be you are in the process; Rate of healing also depends on severity and mode of burn.
Pain should also subside then initial severity.
If you think it is really not improving then you may have developed local infection.
You should apply Tenovate-GM/Lobate-GM and Fucidin alternately every 6hourly for 7 days.
You must wear a loose sterile dressings all the time.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!