Have frequent urination, feel thirsty and get dry mouth regardless of fluid intake. Reason?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I am a shift worker and find that I urinate a lt when I try and sleep during the day. I also feel thirsty a lot and get a dry mouth when I don't drink enough and I urinate quite often regardless of my fluid intake.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later

The symptoms for excessive urination irrespective of fluid intake and feeling thirsty indicate either deranged blood glucose levels or diabetes insipidus.

You need to visit your physician and get some investigations done - fasting glucose levels, serum electrolytes, serum osmolarity and urine osmolarity.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal