Have frequent cough and cold with headache and runny nose. What might be the cause?

Hi, I have frequent cough and cold for past 2 months now. These days I feel that my head is heavy all the time and the head hurts badly when I kneel down, cough or sneeze. It seems it will burst out of pressure. My ears seemed to be closed. I have a little cough and runny nose right now, but no fever. Can you pl suggest what needs to be done. I had had a history of high thyroid and my last test had shown that thyroid antibodies were as high as 250. I am on 25 mg thyronorm right now. Thanks, XXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You need investigations Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your description suggests that you have recurrent cold or allergies and you also seem to have sinusitis that is causing headache on bending down, coughing sneezing etc. This condition needs tests. The first test is usually an x-ray of the head and sinuses. It can be followed by other tests including blood tests and other radiological examinations. Since headache alone can have many causes including infection, swelling etc. It should not be ignored and adequate evaluation is needed. Thus, you need to visit an ear, nose and throat specialist for the condition. In the meanwhile you can take antiallergic like tablet cetrizine (before sleeping) when you have runny nose. You also need to take hygienic food and pure drinking water. Multivitamin tablets can also be taken to improve immunity. Exercise regularly. It helps maintain immunity. Hope it helps Let me know I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee