Have fractured hip. Surgery not done. Will this increase chances of complication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My father fractured his hip 4 days ago and still has not had surgery. Won't this increase his chances of complications?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
A fractured hip for last 4 days is not a too long time. This is not likely to affect his post surgical recovery period much. You can arrange for his surgery in next 1-2 days. Please do not worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.