Have foul smelling loose stools and pain after eating. Undergone to colonoscopy and endoscopy. Medication?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
i have foul smelling loose stools for more than months .. i undergone to colonoscopy and endoscopy .. they said it was normal other than some inflammation..and that inflammation is not caused by any colitis or crohns ..i do feel pain after eating ..
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 23 minutes later
Hello! Mr. XXXXX.

Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX

Painful diarrhea has only few differentials:
1. Crohn's disease
2. Chronic pancreatitis
3. Tuberculosis of abdomen

Let the biopsy report be out, they are waiting from the report attached here. It determines the exact reason. If they have and it is inconclusive then the next step you require is a small bowel enteroscopy and biopsy of any suspected area there.

Also get ultrasound abdomen or directly contrast enhanced CT abdomen which will aid in diagnosis the actual problem.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: Have foul smelling loose stools and pain after eating. Undergone to colonoscopy and endoscopy. Medication? 8 minutes later
yup they did it but i dont have those reports with .. only i got was my colonoscopy report .. but doc said it was any IBD .. i will get that reports
i am sorry it was not any IBD .
Follow-up: Have foul smelling loose stools and pain after eating. Undergone to colonoscopy and endoscopy. Medication? 1 minute later
i am sorry it was not any IBD ..

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 7 minutes later
Colonoscopy report which you have attached showed there was ulcerations, congestion and erythema throughout the colon and biopsy is done and report of which is awaited. let's wait for the report of that biopsy

Follow-up: Have foul smelling loose stools and pain after eating. Undergone to colonoscopy and endoscopy. Medication? 5 hours later
i have uploaded those reports .. scan008 and scan009 file ..

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 18 hours later
Hello! Mr.XXXXX. Sorry for delay in response

l have gone through the reports.

Small bowel biopsy is suggestive of potential celiac disease or nonspecific intraepithelial lymphocytosis.

To further remove the confusion I will advise you to get a blood test known as anti tissue transglutaminase antibody levels. In celiac disease level of this antibody is increased for which you can discuss your treating Doctor.

One thing is little bit confusing. Report number scan 0007 which a colonoscopy report mention that whole of the colon showed ulcerations, erythema and congestion. And Histopathology report (scan 0008) of the tissue taken from there is completely normal. Please discuss your treating Doctor regarding this also.

Please give feedback. Getwell soon.