Have follicular study, taken readings. Will I be able to conceive? Is follicular study done up to the day of ovulation?

I am having follicular study since my 10th day. My readings for 13th day are:
Endometrium: 0.7 cm
The doctor has advised to go for the study every alternate day. Will I be able to conceive? Is follicular study done upto the day of ovulation?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

Your follicular study on 10th day shows 0.7mm endometrial thickness and Left ovary and right ovary show multiple small follicles. The normal endometrial thickness is within 8mm.

Follicular study is generally done to study the relation of uterus, ovary, and fallopian tubes to each growing follicle. Ultrasonography is done usually on alternate days during the mid days of the cycle (the period of egg release) to record the size of the maturing egg.

This study will be done from the beginning of the cycle, the stages of development, and finally mid cycle ovulation. This will help determines that you are able to release an ovum and fertility related issues. After this it will be decided whether you need hormonal support to maintain the follicle.

So do not worry due to age factor, since you are young the chances of conceiving are more. Further no problem s has been detected till now so be positive about it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have no further follow ups please accept my answer.