Have fluttering sensation in the groin area. What cure should be done?

I have a fluttering sensation in the groin area. It isn't painful, it is just annoying. XXXXXXX email YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
From the description provided it seems that you have muscle twitches or fasciculations. These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. Fasciculations have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign.
The most likely and common causes for these are
1... High levels of stress,anxiety,nervousness or excitement or anger.
2... Consumption of excess of alcohol or caffeine.
3...low levels of calcium,potassium,magnesium etc
4... Low levels of VIT B12
5... Use of medicines like anti asthmatics,anti seizure,weight loss medicines etc
6.. Certain disorders like hyperthyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.
I would advise you to get tested for above mentioned causes,stop alcohol and caffeine,do regular stress buster exercises like XXXXXXX breathing exercises and yoga and taking good nutritious diet. Taking methylcobalamin supplements and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids will be helpful.
If some deficiency comes in your tests,then take those supplements.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.