Have five coronary stents. On aspirin 325mg. Is it a high dosage?

I have 5 coronary stents. I take one 325 mg. aspirin a day. Is this too high a dosage?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
Except for acute heart attacks and some period after such an episode, the dose of 75 mg to 975 mg of aspirin has similar antiplatelet efficacy. Hence Any of these dosage can be used. Clinicians use their knowledge, experience and assessment of situation in deciding the exact dose in individual cases. Hence it is best to follow your cardiologist.
Dosages as high as 8000 mg/ day has been used in various condition to have anti-inflammatory effect of aspirin.
Feel free to discuss further.