Have finished Vancomcin for ostiomylitys of disk. What is the cause of pink mucus in stool?
User rating for this question
I just finished 6 weeks of IV Vancomcin 1.3 mg 1 timea day for 90 minutes. For Ostiomylitys of the L3-4 Disk. It has been 3 daysa and I have had bright pink stool mucus in stool as well. Do I need to go to emergency or an I wait to see my doctor on Monday?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can wait till monday Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. Pink mucus in stool suggests bleeding in your large intestine. You may need blood investigation and if required colonoscopy. There may not be any relation with your L34 disc osteomyelitis. Till time you can take stool softener and tab vibact twice day. You may wait till Monday if symptoms do not aggravate. If there is XXXXXXX red blood in stool then you may need to go to emergency. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- What is pink mucus in stool
- Sores on penis smelly how to treat it
- Symptoms of chronic tendon pain
- Symptoms of hip flexor injury
- What causes excess mucus in stool
- Does lipitor l-thyroxine and cymbalta contain beta inhibitors
- What causes greenishyellow stool with difficutly in passing stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- Symptoms of recurrent thrombophlebitis
- Symptoms of high impact injury
- Symptoms of spine muscle spasms
- Why am i having pain in lungs when exhaling
- Getting headache and loosing perifical vision required treatment
- What causes mucus strands in stool
- Dizziness tiredness low bp should i see a doctor