Have fibromyalsia controlled with OxyContin and oxycodone for pain. Developed migraine and chronic pain in legs. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I need help with finding someone who can help me NOW. I have fibromyalsia that has been controlled with OxyContin 10mg q 12 hours & oxycodone 5mg 1 q day for breakthrough pain. Now something has changed dramatically in the last month. I have severe migraines 3-4 x/ week and excruciating pain in my legs that isn't controlled by med doses above. I have been out of town until now and I had to take extra doses of pain meds to get even a little relief. I scheduled an appointment with my primary care doc today, she called in sick. I have to see this doc because the one who was treating me left the clinic to open her own practice & won't be doing chronic pain control any more. Anyway when I got to my appt. today I was told that none of the doctors would even see me since it is too soon to refill my meds. I am very concerned as to why my pain has gotten a lot worse. I was told to go to ER for any immediate pain control. ER's and Urgent Care clinics who I spoke to all say they won't provide meds for chronic pain! They will refer me to my regular doc, or to a pain clinic! How can I get help? I am NOT drug seeking. I just need help NOW for this new severe pain. It is not a kind of pain that I can just tough it out or endure the suffering until friday.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain management clinic can help you.

Detailed Answer:
The severe pain in the legs that you are having now could be related to overwork, traveling, fatigue, vitamin D 3 deficiency, myalgia, etc.
The chronic pain relief needs a detailed evaluation and regular monitoring to regulate the doses of pain medicines. Hence you will have to wait for your regular appointment till Friday.
Till then it is best to do a hot fomentation, have rest, take over the counter pain medicines like Ibuprofen every 6 hourly and concentrate on having a healthy diet.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.