Have fibromyalgia, stenosis and RSD in legs. How to get rid of pain?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am 68 yr. old female, 115 lbs. lbs., walk about 2 miles a day. I have fibromyalgia, and RSD of my hand due to surgery. I have been experiencing pain on my right side for about the last ten days and it increases if I palpate around the last lower rib area. I take pain meds for the RSD, but it does not help. I also take a fiber,colon supplement to avoid any bowel problems. I also have several back issues, stenosis, arthritis, 4 herniated discs and severe muscle spasms right beneath my left shoulder blade. Also have chronic leg pain in both legs which I assume is the fibromyalgia. The right flank pain is something I have never experienced. Should I be concerned with this new pain?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Flank pain has many causes. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX There are number of causes for Flank pain but the most commonest causes are either a Ureteral stone or a Renal problem (some problem in the kidney). A detailed clinical examination and Ultrasound examination of the abdomen will establish the diagnosis of your condition. Yes, definitely it is a matter of concern and I suggest you to consult a General surgeon for further evaluation and management. Hope I have answered your query. Happy to guide you further Regards