Have fibromyalgia, joint pain and numbness. Am I suffering from ehlers danlos disease?

Hi I have been having tests for about 8 months for chronic joint pain tingling and numbness and various other symptoms I was told years ago that I was hyper mobile and every time I try to discuss possible hyper mobile syndrome or Ehlers Danloss ( I fit every single symptom) I keep getting told I prob have fibromyalgia anyway my right arm has been bluish/purple colour ice cold and tingling and sudden excruciating sharp sporadic pains for a week now and I am worried but reluctant to make a fuss
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Ehlers Danlos disease is a rare autosomal dominant disorder. Classical joint hypermobility is often limited in this form of disease. However, skin changes & facial appearance are typical. In this, patient may present with bleeding.
In your case, all laboratory tests are normal.
Your skin changes are probably due to subcutaneous bleeding which is common in this disease.
The pain you are feeling right now may be due to the disease itself or fibromyalgia.
In case of fibromyalgia, there is widespread body pain & multiple tenderness point.
This type of pain cannot be explained by other causes.
In both of these diseases, proper examination is needed to rule out other causes.
It is better for you to consult your doctor.
Hope I have been of help. Do write back in case you have further queries.