Have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Noticed fatty area around collar bone. What to do?

Radiologist
Question
Hi, I have been on your site looking at your page on hypothyroidism as it seems to fit the symptoms that I have.
I am always extremely exhausted and have been for the last 18 months or so. I do have CFS and FM but this is far worse than any crash I have had. I have had tests done for T4 & T3 about a year ago and the doctor said they were fine but now I notice a fatty area around the left side of my collar bone. My doctor is away on mat. leave and won't be back until May. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
These are not the symptoms of hypothyroidism at all. Fatty area above collar bone is just supraclavicular fat pad. As you are already on antidepressants which may cause weight gain as a side effect. Your known conditions are matter to concern. You need to consult your psychiatrist for dose modification of medicine if you putting on weight.
You also needs good counsellor for improving quality of life. If you don't wanna consult another physician till May then no problem. This is not medical emergency. You can wait.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Noticed fatty area around collar bone. What to do? 2 hours later
The fatty area above collar bone is only on the left side. I am also having very bad leg and sometimes hand cramps.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
If it is unilateral and fatty then possibly it could be lipoma. Also unilateral fat deposition can occur. Cramps may be due to decreased water and sodium intake. Drink plenty of water with XXXXXXX of ORS solution for 2 days. 1 XXXXXXX in 1 litre. It will give relief from cramps.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.