Have fibromyalgia. Suffer chronic pain, fatigue, migraines and back pain also cancer survivor. Taking Hrdoco PRN & oxyco 30 PRN. Remedy?

Jun 2013
Told by my Pharm to day FL DEA will no longer allow him to fill my scrips. Ihave Fibromyalgia, x3 cervical fusion, X2 lumbar herniation. So chronic pain, fatigue, migraines and back pain also cancer survivor. Is this just FL? Crazy, finally found good pain Mgemnt Dr. & good regime for me. 350 XXXXXXX X4, 10mg Hrdoco PRN & oxyco 30 PRN . Been told subutrex or suboxone all they can do? Forgot to mention .25 of triazolam @ pm. On my feet exercising walking dog x3 a day. Most days under top med amounts. so subutrex or suboxone? I am FURIOUS!!!! Sorry oxyco 30 and Hydro 10 no more than 4 per day
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 30 hours later
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Fibromyalgia can be a difficult condition to treat. While XXXXXXX may be helpful with this as well as the neuropathic pain from your cervical fusion and lumbar herniation, it may also be useful to have your doctor consider duloxetine (available as cymbalta), pregabalin and gabapetin may be useful alternatives. I am sorry to hear about the gynecological cancer, however I am also glad to know that it is being closely followed by a doctor. I also understand that you have been in severe pain for a long time now.

However, when you change physicians or your physicians DEA stops to exist then it is hard to fill your prescriptions. However I am glad that you found a new doctor who is a pain management specialist who is able to take care of your medications. I am thinking that the reason your doctor told you about the subutex or the suboxone is because the doctor thinks that you might be on a higher than expected dose of the opioid medication, which can be habit forming. I would like to assure you, that while you go off off your hydrocodone and oxycodone it might be helpful to be on the medications suggested as it will help prevent withdrawal pain and other symptoms, while also controlling the pain. When done gradually, you will be able to go off your pain medications, hydrocodone and oxycodone or reduce them to a point where you are not physiologically or psychologically dependent on them. I believe that a gradual reintroduction of the non-opioid pain medications, like XXXXXXX is also going to be helpful to a large extent to control the neuropathic origin pain.

I understand your anger and frustration over the matter. However, it is not uncommon to have these medication changes and they may actually be in your favor since your doctor is trying to get you on medications that are not habit forming. I hope you have a good recovery and wish you the very best in health.

Take care and have a lovely day!