Have fibromyalgia. Noticed blood after urine. Experiencing flank pain. Blood test done. Worrisome

Thought I had got my period when I went to the toilet this morning as it was due 3 days ago, but so far no sign of it. Noticed some bright red blood on toilet paper this morning and getting a little worried. I have Fibromyalgia but also think I have another autoimmune dieases aswell and just waiting on a second opinion from a Rheumatologist to rule out Lupus which runs in family. I'm going thru a lot of stress atm and a bad flare but have had this happen once before when I was really sick about 4 years ago and before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Have been getting flank pain in my right side in my back on and off for over a year now also. I have monthly blood tests as my ESR and CRP are usually up really high and still no answers to that either. My dr also regularly checks my kidneys ect aswell on usual blood work and all has been good so far. I've also had microscopic haematura detected in a urine sample in the past aswell but last one didn't pick any up. I'm due to have another blood test end of this week and a little worried now.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Since your period is overdue by 3 days, the chances of being pregnant is there. You need to do a urine test using the test kit available over the counter. You can also do a blood test for B-hcg to exclude/confirm pregnancy.

If the blood test comes out negative, it is best to wait for another week for your periods. If the periods still do not start then you may have to go for investigations like USG lower abdomen, Thyroid Profile, LH/FSH, Blood sugar etc to rule out underlying pathology, if any. It may be due to hormonal imbalance, Irregular eating habit, stress/anxiety,Ovarian cyst etc.

Consult with your Gynecologist/Physician and take suggestive measures according to reports.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.