Have fibroid, sensation in vagina during intercourse. On HBP medicine. What is causing this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I have a little sensation in my clitoris and very little sensation in my vagina during intercourse. I have repeated vaginal infections one right after the other (vaginosis, yeast infections). I also have fibroids and I take high gynecologist, but it has not helped. What if anything can I do about this problem? What is causing it?
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

The possible causes for your problem are:
-In peri-menopausal age group estrogen levels decrease in the body and also changes in vascular and nervous systems occur.
Because of these changes clitoris and vagina can become less sensitive than earlier years.
-Chronic hypertension can lead to neuropathy which lead to damage of the nerves around clitoris that can cause decreased sensation.
Some of the anti-hypertensive drugs can also affects nerves.

So now you discuss these possibilities with your doctor and with her advice better to go for low dose vaginal estrogen cream which can help to some extent.
Maintaining ideal weight, yoga etc can also help to some effect.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have fibroid, sensation in vagina during intercourse. On HBP medicine. What is causing this? 4 hours later
Is there any medication over the counter that you can suggest?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

Better to consult local gynecologist and get examined before using any cream because you are having fibroids and also medical complications like high blood pressure.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.