Have fever with severe body pain and shivering. Took Hifenac. Blood test normal. Suggest medication?

Any good medication for shivering ?
Had high fever for 2 days, with severe Body ache joint ache now its okay but just an hour ago Shivering started. Heavy shivering.
My general Physical advised me to take Hifenac p four times a day for 2 days & i completed the course & also took Blood test & everything is normal .
Please advice thanks.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later

Treatment of underlying cause of fever and shivering should be started early.
There are many practical approaches to shivering but nothing is much successful.
Chlorphenaramine maleate,mepiridine,tramadol and clonazepam are few drugs which have been used more successfully for treatment of shivering.

Hope this answers your query.
Thank you.