Have fever, swollen glands below ear and headache. Started Z-pack. Suggest?

My wife (53) and I are in China (have been for three weeks, including a Yangze River Cruise). For three days, she has had a come and go, low-grade fever, but tonight has a rather bad headache, and a sensitive gland below her right ear (no other gland swelling or sensitivity). She has a 100.4F temperature now. We have pushed liquids. She this evening started a Z-Pack that we brought with us.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you fo the query.
Swelling of the gland below ear on only one side suggests local infection.So i suggest for antibiotic treatmnt and a you have already took azithromycin I advice you to take that for 5days and watch fo th difference an long with that take paracetamol to control fever.If it doet not subsides thn boo investigations may b required to know the exact cause.
Hop this answers your query.Follow-up queries are always welcome.
Wish you a good health.